The only thing better than being smart, safe, and secure is having fun and looking good while doing it. That’s why we’re so excited to announce our brand spanking new face masks!
If you like our witty, charming, and oh so comfy socks, we’re pretty sure you’re going to fall head over heels for our witty, charming, and oh so comfy masks.
We absolutely hate that wearing a mask is even necessary nowadays. But it is. Very necessary, in fact.
But our philosophy is that when life gives you lemons, you eat the whole damn bunch of them.
All at once.
With the peels still on.
Take that, life.
And so we’ve designed the ultimate protective piece, a mask that is both fun to look at and comfortable to wear. Inspired by our best-selling sock designs, each of our new masks is manufactured with bio-washed cotton on the inside liner.
What exactly does that mean?
It means that your mask has a finish that increases the life and durability of its fabric. Your Socksmith mask will last considerably longer than that piece of curtain and rubber band you’ve been using to cover your chin.
The straps are non-adjustable, but one size fits most. The design features a pliable metal strip to help shape the mask across the nose bridge, giving you extra comfort.
They’re so comfortable, in fact, that you’ll likely forget you’re wearing them. Until, of course, someone randomly stops you on the street from six feet away to compliment your mask and ask where you got it (tell them Socksmith hooked you up).
Even better, we’ve also designed several sets of matching socks and masks that are inspired by many of our most popular sock designs. Including favorites such as our “Significant Otter,” “Nurse Rosie,” and “Zero Fox Given” socks, these quirky combos are sure to make the perfect Christmas gift.
While looking good and having fun are way up on our list of priorities, so is being safe. If you’re going out in public, be the hero we all need and wear one of our masks. The only things guaranteed in life are death, taxes, and masks helping stop the spread of viruses.
Our good friends at the CDC (okay, they’re not really our friends, but someday they might be) have provided us with all the mask-wearing tips we could ever need:
- Wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Masks should be worn by people two years and older.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children younger than two, people who have trouble breathing, or people who cannot remove the mask without assistance.
- Do NOT wear masks intended for healthcare workers, for example, N95 respirators.
- CDC does not recommend the use of gaiters or face shields. Evaluation of these face covers is on-going but effectiveness is unknown at this time.
- Masks should be washed regularly. Always remove masks correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used mask. Include your mask with your regular laundry, and then use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the mask. Use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry.
For more guidance on what to do and what not to do while wearing a mask, it helps to look over the CDC’s official page on face coverings.
There’s lots of interesting information there, including a warning about wearing a mask that dangles from your ear and hangs down towards your chest.
Is that really a thing? Like, do some folks actually do that?
The masks we’ve made are meant for your face, and after a bit of experimentation, we can confirm that they really do look best there.
First, though, you need to get them. And there’s no better time than right now to buy your Socksmith face masks.
We are thrilled to reveal our new masks, and we genuinely hope you’ll enjoy wearing them as much as we enjoyed creating them.
We also hope you’ll take every other necessary step to stay healthy and happy as the holidays approach.